Monday, May 7, 2012

Interview for The Unhappy Little Dragon: Lessons Learned by Carolyn Wolfe

Come and join me as I talk with author Carolyn Wolfe on Stories From Unknown Authors about her book The Unhappy Dragon: Lessons Learned on http://blogtalkradio.com/storiesfromunknownauthors @ 8 pm EST today.

To listen to the show now:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/storiesfromunknownauthors/2012/05/08/interview-for-the-unhappy-little-dragon-by-carolyn-wolfe


The Unhappy Little Dragon, Lessons Learned


The Unhappy Little Dragon: Lessons Learned by Carolyn Wolfe


  • Paperback: 46 pages
  • Publisher: Avid Readers Publishing Group (October 6, 2011)
  • ISBN-10: 1612860591
  • ISBN-13: 978-1612860596



  • http://www.amazon.com/Unhappy-Little-Dragon-Lessons-Learned/dp/1612860591/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336419650&sr=1-1 

    Bio:


    Hi there, my name is Carolyn Wolfe and I am an Free-lance writer and Author of five books. My fifth book, a children's book titled "The Bedtime Of The Sky and Other Sleepy Bye Stories," has just been released this past June 2010. It is a book of Children's bedtime stories in rhyme.
    I very much enjoy writing for children and have a wonderful illustrator, Leslie Mathis, who really makes the stories come alive.
    I had originally written these stories years ago for my two nieces and my nephew when they were very young, now college age and older they were very pleased to see "their stories" published.

    A little about my background, Although I am American, I was born in England just outside of London. My parents returned to America when I was just a baby and I enjoy dual citizenship which delights me.
    I grew up reading stories about "Noddy and Big Thumb", among other British classics for children, and it has been commented that my style of writing reflects a little of my British background. I would like to think so!

    I am currently living in Winchester, VA with my husband Scott and many animal companions. My website address is www.whenthemoonspeaks.com for more info!

    Although I enjoy writing for children, I also have published two books of poetry, written for a general audience and another book which is a collection of my short stories.



    Summary:



    This is the tale of a little Dragon who has a big problem, he cannot control his fire! After a major mishap, he runs away into the forest and has a wonderful adventure where he meets new friends, learns that every creature has a special gift, and also finds out the special way in which he can use his own remarkable gift of fire.

    Review:

    This story is filled with great messages children will be able to relate to. Sometimes children don't realize their gifts until someone brings it to their attention. In this case, Happy is sad because he keeps having accidents. His problem is that he can't control his fire. But friends from the forest teach Happy about their gifts and in turn also teach him about his. He soon realizes that everyone has some type of gift that makes them special, even if they can't see it themselves. This is a great 46 page story that children 8 and up will enjoy.  


    2 comments:

    1. I want to thank you so much for having me on your show tonight! I love your show and was honored to be a guest tonight! Thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    2. It was a pleasure to have you on the show, Carolyn. I think children of all ages are going to love your book and the messages you incorporated.


      Renee

      ReplyDelete