Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review of the Smart Seat Protector

Waterproof SmartSeat Dining Chair CoverA few weeks ago I ran into a wonderful product. It is called the Smart Seat Protector. Anyone who has children knows that messes can happen at anytime and anywhere. Like so many of you, I have a nice kitchen table set. When the kids were younger I used booster seats. I had tried everything under the sun to keep those booster seats from messing up my chairs, while trying to keep smeared food and fingerprints off them as well. Well, as you probably know, not to much helped. I was constantly wiping, shaking and cleaning. Marks were also left on the chairs.

Now that my kids are older, they do not make as much messes as before, yet it still blows my mind that food can never make it into their mouths and when they leave the seat, have it everywhere. So, I needed to find a seat protector that stayed on the seat, looked appealing, didn't move or slide off, and was just plain functional. I found it!



The great thing about this seat saver is that it fits about any size chair. It is thin and a little stretchy. I ordered the black one which matches my rugs. The protector comes in 3 different colors, blue, tan or black. There is a video on-line that shows you how to install it, but it really is very easy without it. There are velco strips that go together under and behind the seat.

I have tall wood chairs. My concern was that it would slide all over the place, to my great relief, it didn't. It holds firmly in place without damaging the seat in anyway. All materials are soft, yet durable. My youngest is an antsy pants so I placed it on his chair to test it out. The child could make a mess in a matter of seconds. It held up beautifully. I sat on it, moving around and adjusting all over the place for weeks--the seat cover didn't move. Finally, a product that looks nice and lasts.



 
The cover is thin and durable. I have washed it a few times and it still looks beautiful. The quality of the product is done well. The idea was definetly well thought out. Depending on the size of the chair there may be some extra material on the sides. Overall, I feel it is a great product. To check out the blog for more info, here it is below.

http://www.smartseatdiningchaircovers.com/blog/

The seat cover can be ordered through Amazon as well as through the site. If you have this product please comment so you can share your experiences. If you don't, please check it out. It might be something that you need to save the seats of your chairs.

Thanks!

Renee

4 comments:

  1. Hi Renee,
    coming from MBC.. I am your newest follower
    Love
    Hani
    http://craftionary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back. :) Have a great day!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you, hope you'll follow me...

    http://www.mommiesplayground.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get some of these for my mom ;) I have four kids and I'm terrified we're going to ruin her new chairs when we come over. Thanks for the great idea.

    I'm following from the hop.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete